This post may contain affiliate links.
Buttery, sweet Honey Roasted Carrots are simple and the ideal side dish for any holiday meal! Soft and tender, with just the right amount of crunch, these oven-roasted carrots are simple enough to make for a weeknight meal, but fancy enough to serve for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and perfect for entertaining!
I’m a fan of most carrot recipes, but this one really takes the cake! These Honey Roasted Carrots are a stress-free side dish that only takes about 10 minutes of hands-on work. With the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and citrus flavors, everyone will ask for a second helping.
Don’t let the simple, six-ingredient recipe fool you, this dish will deliver restaurant-quality food right to your dining table. While it’s easy enough to make on a busy weeknight, you can serve these carrots for any occasion, especially for a holiday like Easter!
Make This Roasted Carrots Recipe For…
- Baby Showers
- Easter Dinner
- Christmas Dinner
- Family Dinners
- Casual Entertaining
- Wedding Showers
Ingredients Needed To Make Honey Roasted Carrots
- Carrots – washed and trimmed
- Olive Oil
- Lemon – juice, and zest
- Unsalted Butter – melted
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
PRO TIP: You can test to see if your Honey Roasted Carrots are finished cooking by poking them with a fork. You’ll know the carrots are done when they are soft and fork tender.
How To Make This Recipe
Just three simple steps to make these delicious glazed carrots!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Remove the carrot tops and discard them, then place carrots on a prepared baking sheet. Drizzle carrots with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the carrots for 15 minutes. While carrots cook in the oven, whisk together butter, lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl. After 15 minutes, take carrots out of the oven and drizzle them with butter mixture.
- Place back in oven and roast for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, season with salt and pepper if desired, and enjoy!
Tasty Additions To Honey Roasted Carrots
- Fresh Oranges – you can substitute fresh orange juice and zest for the lemon.
- Pecans – Sprinkle pecan pieces over the carrots when you add the honey butter for a little crunch.
- Minced Garlic – Sprinkle the minced garlic over the carrots before you drizzle on your olive oil and bake.
- Maple Syrup – If you want to use maple syrup and honey, no one is here to stop you! It’s delicious!
What Type Of Carrots Are Best For This Recipe?
I tend to use the classic trimmed orange carrots to make this dish, but you can really use any kind of carrot you’d like. I’ve tried making this recipe with purple carrots, yellow carrots, and orange carrots, and it turns out beautifully every time!
How To Store The Leftovers
While I highly doubt there will be leftovers, if there are, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days! One of the best aspects of this recipe is that you can reheat these carrots in the microwave without getting soggy.
What To Serve With Honey Glazed Carrots
These honey-glazed carrots will pair well with just about any main dish! Whether you’re vegetarian or you’re doing grill night, this recipe will be the favorite on everyone’s dinner table!
Here are a couple of dishes that I like to pair with this side dish to make a beautiful meal…
- Cheesy White Ravioli Casserole
- Easy Beef and Cheddar Sliders
- Best Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots
- 1 bunch Carrots – washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon – juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter – melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper – adjust to personal preferences
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place carrots on lined baking sheet. Drizzle carrots with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Use your hands to properly coat carrots with seasoning.
- Bake the carrots for 15 minutes. While carrots cook in the oven, whisk together butter, lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl. After 15 minutes, take carrots out of oven and drizzle with butter mixture.
- Place back in oven and roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and season with salt and pepper if desired.