This post may contain affiliate links.
Mini Easter Egg Cookie Bars take the classic chocolate chip cookie to a whole new level! Crispy and golden brown on the outside, with a soft chewy center, this delicious tray bake uses common pantry ingredients and is ready to serve in under an hour.
When my boys were younger, we would bake a different dessert for each holiday! Whether it’s decorating Christmas cookies or making Halloween Spider Cookies, I always love coming up with fun-themed desserts for every celebration.
Everybody loves eating cookies, but making them can be time-consuming. That’s why these Cookie Bars are the BEST, and maybe favorite way to make cookies.
You only spend 15 minutes preparing the recipe before you bake them in one big batch! You can even double the recipe and bake two pans at once!
Mini Easter Egg Cookie Bars are always a welcome site at this special spring holiday! Using just 11 common ingredients and a little baker’s magic, you can enjoy a dessert with all the nostalgic, warm flavors of chocolate chip cookies and an adorable Easter egg topping.
Whether you’re baking with the kids or looking for a cute sweet treat for Easter dinner, this is the recipe for you!
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Baking Soda
- Butter – melted
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Mini Chocolate Eggs – broken into pieces
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
PRO TIP: Semi sweet chocolate chips are the best choice to compliment the sweetness of the milk chocolate eggs, but you can substitute white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or milk chocolate chips if you wish.
How To Make Mini Easter Egg Cookie Bars
With just 11 ingredients and 15 minutes of preparation, you can enjoy these adorable Easter sweet treats!
- Preheat the oven, then line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Carefully mix in eggs and vanilla into the butter mixture. Add one-third of the flour mixture into the butter mixture and whisk until fully combined. Repeat the process until all the flour is mixed in.
- Add the mini eggs, chocolate chips, and sprinkles and mix until evenly distributed, reserving some sprinkles and mini eggs to decorate the top.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared pan, decorate with reserved sprinkles and eggs, then bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the cookie bars are golden brown on top. Allow cookies to cool at least 30 m minutes before slicing.
Tips For Making This Recipe
- These are thick and chewy cookie bars, that are meant to be crispy outside and soft on the inside, this is the texture going for. Before they go into the oven, the dough should have a similar consistency to chocolate chip cookie dough.
- You can test to see if the cookie bars are finished baking in two different ways. You can either use a cake tester to see if it comes out clean, or you can use a thermometer to check if they are fully cooked before removing them from the oven. The cookies will be about 180 degrees when they’re done baking.
- Make sure that you line the baking pan with parchment paper very carefully. These cookies have a tendency to stick to the pan if it hasn’t been fully lined in parchment.
How To Serve Mini Easter Egg Cookie Bars
There are so many festive ways to serve this recipe, you can really get creative and have fun with it.
Since it’s a holiday, you can also add smaller decorations around the plate to make it more festive. You can create a circle of sprinkles or chocolate eggs around these sweet treats, since you can find all kinds of Easter-themed sprinkles in stores this time of year.
How To Store And Freeze
Easter Egg Cookie Bars will keep their soft texture if stored on the counter in an airtight container for 4-5 days. You can also freeze them for 3 up to months, and they will thaw back to room temperature in about 30 minutes
More Dessert Recipes Like This…
- Monster Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Easy Champagne Cupcakes
- BEST Caramel Pretzel Turtles
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies – 2 Ways
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
Mini Easter Egg Cookie Bars
- 3.5 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 cups Butter – 3 sticks of butter, melted
- 1.5 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Mini Chocolate Eggs – broken into small pieces
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt then set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fully combined. Slowly add eggs and vanilla extract into butter mixture until smooth.
- Add one third of the flour mixture into the butter mixture and whisk until fully combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl and repeat process with remaining two thirds of flour mixture.
- Add the mini eggs, chocolate chips, and sprinkles and mix until evenly distributed, reserve some sprinkles and mini eggs to decorate the top if desired.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared pan, decorate with reserved sprinkles and eggs if desired, then bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the cookie bars are golden brown on top. Allow cookies to cool at least 30 m minutes before slicing and serving.