Loaded with wholesome ingredients, Morning Glory Muffins are a terrific way to start the day and are one of the best ways to celebrate life’s little journeys! They are a super “grab and go” snack for kids, and are perfect for sharing with neighbors, teachers, friends, or anyone who loves a sweet treat.
Morning Glory Muffins are the perfect way to kick off the school year. There’s something special about this time of year when the kids are getting back to a routine of studies and activities, and in my house, that calls for celebration.
These muffins are loaded with carrots, coconut, walnuts, apple, and zucchini along with just the right amount of spice. They are moist and tender and are so easy to make that you don’t even need a mixer.
Ingredients For Morning Glory Muffins
Don’t let the list of ingredients scare you! It may seem long but really, most of the ingredients are pantry staples.
- Baking Soda
- Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- Shredded Zucchini
- Shredded Carrot
- Shredded Apple
- Vegetable Oil
How To Make This Recipe
This is a recipe that’s so simple to make. Start by adding all the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisking them together. Add all the wet ingredients to a second bowl and stir. Add the wet to the dry, stir to incorporate, scoop into a muffin pan lined with paper cups, and bake. That’s it!
You don’t need any special equipment to make Morning Glory Muffins. I use a box grater to shred the zucchini, carrots, and apples. You can also use a food processor if you have one.
How To Store Morning Glory Muffins
After baking, the muffins can be stored in an airtight container or on a covered cake pate for up to 3 days.
Can You Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can! Morning Glory Muffins freeze beautifully. Just bake them, let them cool then wrap them individually (that’s what I like to do) or place them in a ziplock bag. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Variations For This Recipe
There are a few things you can change in this recipe, and it will still turn out great.
- Substitute pecans for the walnuts.
- You can leave the zucchini out all together if you like.
- Add-in raisins or dried cranberries.
- Replace the oil with applesauce or apple butter.
Morning Glory Muffin Recipe
- Box Grater
- Muffin Pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, wrung out
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper cup liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt along with coconut and walnuts. Add shredded zucchini, carrots, and apples and stir together.
- In a medium- size bowl, mix together eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin cups with batter. Place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. Test with a toothpick that should come out clean when done.
- Remove pan from oven and let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove muffins and place on a cooking rack to finish cooling.