This post may contain affiliate links.
Tender chicken, crunchy celery, toasted almonds, and juicy grapes are tossed together in a bright lemony dressing to create Party Chicken Salad. This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for wedding and baby showers, brunch, or entertaining friends for lunch.
Whether you’re enjoying this salad on a sandwich, in a lettuce wrap, or even with some crackers for a snack, it’s certain to be flavorful and filling!
Each ingredient has an important role in Party Chicken Salad, the combination of flavors and textures may seem unconventional, but the finished product is absolutely spectacular! Not to mention the fact that it all comes together in less than 30 minutes, so it’s an ideal recipe to prepare for last-minute get-togethers.
There are so many reasons to love this salad recipe, but one of the biggest reasons is because it uses up leftovers! If you have just two extra stalks of celery you’re not sure what to do with, or a leftover chicken breast from grill night, this is the perfect recipe for you. Making a new, delicious dish out of leftovers has never been easier!
Make This Recipe For…
- For any family celebration or gathering
- Birthday parties
- Potlucks and Covered Dish Suppers
- Game day or tailgating with friends
- Holiday Parties
- Graduation parties
- Pool Parties
Ingredients Needed To Make Party Chicken Salad
- Cooked Chicken – cut into small pieces
- Seedless White Grapes – cut in half
- Shredded Carrot
- Toasted Almonds
- Sour Cream
- Curry Powder
- Fresh Lemon Juice
PRO TIP: If you’re not a fan of an ingredient, I would recommend simply leaving it out. Whether you leave out the carrots, grapes, or celery, it will still taste delicious, and it’s important to make this salad to fit your personal preferences.
How To Make Party Chicken Salad
With just a couple of simple steps and a handful of good quality ingredients, you can enjoy this delicious salad with friends and family in no time!
- Combine chicken, celery, grapes, carrots, and almonds in a large bowl.
- In a small separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, curry, and salt until well combined.
- Pour dressing over the chicken mixture and fold together until all ingredients are coated well. Chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes, or until you’re ready to serve.
- When you’re ready to serve, arrange on lettuce leaves and sprinkle on chopped fresh parsley, I recommend using butter lettuce for serving.
What Is The Best Kind Of Chicken To Use For Party Chicken Salad?
For this recipe, I like to use rotisserie chicken. Most large grocery stores carry cooked chicken these days, so they are easy to come by. I pull both the dark and white meat from the chicken, then shred or chop it for this recipe.
You can also cook, grill, or roast chicken yourself if you like. This recipe is also great to use with leftover chicken or turkey from the holidays or celebrations.
Can Chicken Salad Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can absolutely make this salad ahead of time! You can prepare the dish either the morning before you serve it, or the night before. At the stage in the directions where you refrigerate your salad, simply cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to serve.
How To Serve Party Chicken Salad
As I mentioned earlier, I love to serve this Chicken Salad on a bed of lettuce. I recommend using a long rectangular platter, and then lay out pieces of butter lettuce side by side. You can use an ice cream scoop or two spoons to place a dollop of this delicious Party Chicken Salad in the center of each leaf.
Another terrific serving option is to set a bowl of this salad out on a circular serving platter and surround it with crackers or a toasted baguette. You might also find a Chicken Salad Sandwich more to your liking, in which case I highly recommend using a croissant for the bread, it’s delicious!
How To Store This Delicious Chicken Salad
It couldn’t be easier to store this fantastic recipe! I advise using an air-tight container and placing this salad in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 5 days if it is stored properly.
More Party Recipes Like This…
- Ultimate Crock Pot Party Meatballs
- BEST Pigs In A Blanket
- Walking Taco Bar
- Easy Beef and Cheddar Sliders
- Homemade Ranch Dip
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
Party Chicken Salad
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken – cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Diced Celery – you can add between 1 cup and 1.5 cups depending on personal preference
- 1 cup White Seedless Grapes – cut in half, you can add between 1 cup and 1.5 cups depending on personal preference
- 1/4 cup Shredded Carrot
- 1/2 cup Toasted Almonds
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Combine chicken, celery, grapes, carrots and almonds in a large bowl.In a small separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, curry and salt until well combined.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and fold together until all ingredients are coated well. Chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes, or until you're ready to serve.
- When you're ready to serve, arrange on lettuce leaves and sprinkle on chopped fresh parsley, I recommend using butter lettuce for serving.