This post may contain affiliate links.
With 6 simple ingredients and 10 minutes of preparation, you can enjoy these delicious Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies! Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet treat to brighten up your weekend, or you’re trying to find the perfect way to show your love on Valentine’s Day, these cookies are the answer!
I came across my first Red Velvet cookie a couple of years ago, and let’s just say I’ve been hooked ever since. My two favorite things to add to these cookies are Hershey’s Kisses and white chocolate chips.
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies are an easy-to-make “shortcut” recipe, since the main ingredient is box cake, so it’s a great choice to make with your kids. Box them up and hand them out as teacher’s appreciation gifts, birthday gifts, and they are a MUST-MAKE for Valentine’s Day!
Make This Recipe For…
- Valentine’s Day
- Teacher Appreciation Day
- Goodie Bags for Parties
- Cooking with your kids
- Baby Showers
- Christmas Celebrations
- Birthday Parties
- Graduation Parties
Ingredients Needed To Make Red Velvet Kiss Cookies
- Canola Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Boxed Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Hershey’s Kisses
- White Chocolate Chips
PRO TIP: The cookies will spread a lot while baking, so make sure that you space them out on your baking sheet at least an inch and a half apart.
How to Make Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Only 3 super simple steps to make these delicious cookies!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together eggs, salt, oil, and vanilla extract. Add in red velvet cake mix and stir to combine fully. If adding white chocolate chips, fold them in at this point.
- Let chill for 20 minutes, then roll into balls and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a Hershey’s Kiss into each cookie, then let cool fully and enjoy!
Tips For Making This Recipe
- It’s better to let the cookie dough sit in the fridge longer than 20 minutes than skimp out on the chill time. The cookie dough is challenging to work with and form into balls unless it is refrigerated.
- If you’re making multiple batches, place the dough back in the fridge until you’re ready to start your next batch of cookies
- The oil can make it challenging to fully combine the cake mix, but you’ll want to just keep going until there’s no visible dry ingredients.
Variation Of The Red Velvet Cookie
If you’re more of a white chocolate fan, I’ve got the perfect substitution for you! Turning these cookies into Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies is easily done in one simple step.
Before you let your cookie dough chill in the fridge, add 3/4 of a cup of white chocolate chips into the mixture. Make sure that your white chocolate chips are evenly combined in the dough, then place it in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
Proceed with the given directions in the recipe; shape dough into 1 inch balls and bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet. No need to add a Hershey’s Kiss!
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies – 2 Ways
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil – you can substitute Vegetable oil if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Red Velvet Boxed Cake Mix – I use Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cake Mix but any brand will work
Choose One For The Version of Cookie You Want To Make
- 24 Hershey's Kisses
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a medium sized bowl add oil, salt, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk the mixture together until well combined. Add Red Velvet cake mix to egg mixture and begin to slowly stir, the oil will make your cookie dough challenging to work with but continue to mix until the cake mix is fully combined into the egg mixture.
- Place cookie dough in the fridge and let chill for 20-25 minutes. After the chill time, remove from fridge and begin to form 1 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Space the cookie dough balls an 1-2 inches apart from each other on baking sheet, they will spread.
For Hersey Kiss Cookie
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press one Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie. Let cookies finish cooling on baking sheet, then transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
For White Chocolate Chip Cookie
- After making the cookie dough, fold in the white chocolate chips, then continue with chilling and making instructions.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies finish cooling on the baking sheet, then transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!