This post may contain affiliate links.
Tender Roasted Asparagus, with the perfect amount of crunch, delivers restaurant-quality food from the comfort of your home. This unassuming, yet delicious side dish makes any meal special and is perfect for a holiday celebration or on a buffet when entertaining.
I am a huge veggie lover! Growing up in the South, I was spoiled with fresh fruits and veggies throughout the spring and summer. Asparagus has always been a favorite root vegetable of mine, and since we’re heading into asparagus season, I figured it was about time I share this family’s favorite side dish with you all!
You can pair Oven Roasted Asparagus with just about any main dish. One of my favorite times to make Roasted Asparagus is when I’m hosting last-minute dinner guests because it only takes 5 minutes to prepare, so you can jump back into the conversation easily and not be stuck in the kitchen.
This recipe checks all the boxes! Roasted Asparagus is simple to make, it’s super easy to cleanup since it’s a one-pan recipe, and it’s out of this world delicious. Whether you’re an asparagus fan or not, I encourage you to try this recipe because it’s a game-changer!
Make This Recipe For…
- Casual Entertaining
- Family Get-Togethers
- Graduation Parties
- Holiday Celebrations
- Easter Dinner
- Baby Showers
- Wedding Showers
- Birthday Parties
Ingredients Needed For Cooking Asparagus
- Fresh Asparagus
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
PRO TIP: I highly recommend buying a larger block of parmesan cheese and then shredding it yourself, cheese is always best if it is freshly grated or shredded.
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break off asparagus ends and discard. Place asparagus on a lined sheet pan.
- Drizzle Olive Oil over the asparagus, then sprinkle salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until asparagus is tender and Parmesan is melted.
Delicious Additions To Roasted Asparagus
This recipe is just plain and simple deliciousness, so that means there are all kinds of fun additions you can experiment with. Here are just a couple of my suggestions…
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon – Drizzle a little lemon juice over the asparagus before adding the salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Then place lemon slices on the sheet pan as the asparagus roasts to infuse it with flavor.
- Roasted Asparagus with Herb Butter – To a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Add a teaspoon of garlic powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, and dried basil to the bowl of butter and stir. Drizzle butter over the asparagus, as a substitution for the olive oil in this recipe, and then follow the remaining directions as stated.
- Roasted Asparagus with Red Pepper Flakes – Follow the directions as stated. When it’s time to sprinkle salt and pepper over the asparagus, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to bring a little heat, and then complete the recipe as given.
How To Serve Roasted Asparagus
You can serve this recipe as a side dish at just about any event, from potlucks to weeknight meals.
There are so many recipes to serve this asparagus, but here are a couple of my favorites…
- BEST Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Fresh and Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
- Cheesy White Ravioli (Lazy Lasagna)
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
- 2 pounds Fresh Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt – amount depending on personal preference
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper – amount depending on personal preference
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese – add more or less depending on preference
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break off asparagus ends where they naturally snap and discard ends. Place asparagus heads on lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove from oven, serve warm, and enjoy!