This post may contain affiliate links.
Bright, fresh, and delicious Strawberry Spinach Salad is destined to become a favorite at parties, family gatherings, and potlucks! Spinach, fresh strawberries, candied pecans, and feta cheese crumbles are tossed together with a vibrant and flavorful dressing to create a salad that’s perfect for spring and summer celebrations!
Every ingredient in this salad is flavorful on its own, but when you combine them, you’ve really got something special! The crisp spinach, sweet strawberries, crunchy pecans, and crumbled feta are perfect compliments, but the real star of the show is the dressing.
This 7-ingredient salad dressing is creamy and light, with just a slight crunch from the poppy seeds. Drizzle it over your salad and pair it with any protein from grilled chicken and steak, to salmon or shrimp, depending on your family’s preference!
Versatility is the name of the game with this recipe! You can serve this salad at any event, from holidays to casual entertaining, and it’s a must-have recipe for any springtime celebration.
Make This Recipe For…
- Baby Showers
- Christmas Dinner
- Cookouts and Potlucks
- Pool Parties
- Family Dinners
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
All you’ll need is 4 simple ingredients for your salad and 7 common pantry ingredients for the dressing!
- Fresh Spinach – with stems trimmed
- Strawberries – capped and sliced in quarters
- Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Candied Pecans
- Olive Oil
- White Vinegar – can substitute champagne vinegar
- Honey – can substitute granulated white sugar
- Poppy Seeds
PRO TIP: I like to use kitchen scissors to trim the stems off my spinach. You can absolutely use your hands, but I think kitchen scissors make the process faster.
How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
All it takes is two super simple steps to prepare this delicious fresh salad!
- Create dressing by adding mayonnaise, olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds to a mason jar or a small bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- To a small bowl add spinach, strawberries, feta crumbles, and pecans. Drizzle 1/2 of dressing over the salad and toss, then add remaining dressing. Toss and serve.
Easy Additions and Substitutions for this Recipe
- Sliced Apples
- Fresh Raspberries
- Sunflower Seeds
- Chopped Boiled Egg
- Bacon Pieces
- White Vinegar – Balsamic Vinegar
- Honey – Agave or Maple Syrup
- Spinach – Mixed Greens
- Feta – Goat Cheese Crumbles
- Olive Oil – Avocado or Safflower oil
How to Store this Recipe
If you already know that you’re going to want leftovers the next day then separate the salad into two portions. The first portion you will serve and toss with the dressing, and the second portion you’ll want to keep in an airtight container separate from the extra dressing. That way, your greens won’t get wilted from the dressing overnight.
How to Serve Strawberry Salad
I usually toss the salad in a mixing bowl and then transfer it into a salad bowl to avoid any mess. I have a big wooden salad bowl with a matching set of serving utensils that I like to serve this dish in.
Here are a couple of dishes that I like to pair with this salad to make a beautiful meal…
- Cheesy White Ravioli Casserole (Lazy Lasagna)
- Easy Beef and Cheddar Sliders
- Baked Brie In Puffed Pastry
- Best Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
Strawberry Spinach Salad (Fresh And Easy)
For the Salad
- 4 cups Fresh Spinach – stems trimmed
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries – capped and sliced in quarters
- 3/4 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 1/2 cup Candied Pecans – can use more or less depending on preference
For the Dressing
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar – can substitute champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Honey – can substitute granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- To create dressing, add mayonnaise, olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds to a small bowl or mason jar and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Add spinach, strawberries, feta, and pecans to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle half of the dressing over the salad and toss. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad, toss, and serve.