Sweet Potato Casserole is taken to a whole new level with a buttery pecan coconut topping! This easy-to-make recipe is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any holiday celebration.
For any holiday celebration, you’ve got to serve a sweet potato casserole, right? Well, that’s how it works for me, but I don’t want to serve the same ‘ol, same ‘ol recipe. I want to serve my family and friends an over-the-top sweet potato dish that they will remember.
Sweet Potato Casserole with buttery, pecan, coconut topping is rich and savory with a slightly sweet topping. The potatoes are soft and creamy with just the right amount of brown sugar. It’s a make-ahead recipe that is ideal to serve at any holiday or family get-together.
This casserole is so delicious, and I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s probably the best I’ve ever tasted!
What You Need To Make This Recipe
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brown Sugar
- Half And Half
What Size Casserole Dish Is Recommended?
You can use either an 8×8 or a 9×9 casserole dish. They both work just fine.
Can I Make This Casserole Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you sure can! That’s just an added bonus of this crazy-good recipe.
You can make the casserole the night before you are ready to serve it. Make the casserole, cover with foil, and place in the refrigerator. Take the casserole out of the oven about 10 minutes before baking.
While the casserole is coming to room temperature, make the topping and sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Place it in the oven and bake until cooked through and golden brown on the top.
What’s The Difference Between A Yam And A Sweet Potato?
It’s easy to confuse the name of these root veggies, but actually, they are not the same at all.
- Sweet Potatoes have a smooth skin and come in different shades of orange. They have a moist flesh and are tapered on the ends.
- Yams are a starchy root with dry, dark, bark-like skin.
How To Store Leftovers
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator, covered, for 4 to 5 days.
Can Sweet Potato Casserole Be Frozen?
Yes, it sure can. Make the casserole and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze it for up to 3 months.
When ready to bake, remove the casserole from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Make the pecan coconut topping and bake until the casserole is baked through, and the topping is golden brown.
More Holiday Recipes To Make!
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
Sweet Potato Casserole
- Casserole Dish
Sweet Potato Mixture
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes Peeled, cooked, and mashed
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8×8 or 9×9 casserole dish with butter.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the sweet potato mixture (mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, beaten eggs, half and half, salt, melted butter, and vanilla) until well combined. Place mixture into buttered casserole dish and set aside.
- To a separate small bowl, add the remaining ingredients to create a topping. Mix together with a fork, then sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven, serve warm and enjoy!