This post may contain affiliate links.
Cheers to the fluffiest, sweetest cupcake you’ll ever taste! With a deliciously subtle flavor, Champagne Cupcakes are easy to make using a short-cut recipe and are sure to be the talk of the party!
There are a couple of reasons why I love this recipe so much, the first being that it is super easy to make! With only 3 additional pantry ingredients and 15 minutes of preparation, you can transform that cake mix you’ve had sitting there into a delicious dessert that everyone will love.
Now, this might sound silly, but this is one of those recipes that people are always impressed by even though it’s a short-cut recipe. Even if you’ve never baked in your life, you can make these cupcakes and people will go crazy for them. This recipe requires minimal hands-on work, but it’s big on flavor!
Another reason this is a go-to sweet treat is that it’s perfect for EVERY occasion! Whether you’re planning a wedding shower, graduation party, or New Year’s Eve extravaganza, these Champagne Cupcakes will be a hit!
Make This Recipe For…
- New Years Celebrations
- Graduation Parties
- Birthday Parties
- Family Get Togethers
- Easter Day
- Wedding Showers
- Baby Showers
- Christmas Day
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- White Cake Mix or Yellow Cake mix
PRO TIP: If you want to add a little something extra, you can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter. The flavor of the vanilla compliments the Champagne beautifully!
How to Make Champagne Cupcakes
- Preheat oven and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine your softened butter with eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add Champagne and Cake Mix to butter mixture, then stir until well incorporated.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool, then frost.
PRO TIP: I make a double batch of frosting so that I can pipe on large swirls on top of the cupcakes.
Tips for Making This Recipe
- As far as frostings go, I like to use a Lemon Cream Cheese frosting, or a lemon icing. The citrus elevates the flavor of the Champagne in the cupcakes.
- Now this advice will depend on the quality of your muffin tin, but I generally recommend spraying your cupcake liners with a non-stick cooking spray just to make sure there’s no hassle getting the liners off.
- Don’t over mix your batter! Once your Champagne and Cake Mix are incorporated into the butter mixture you can stop stirring. It’s okay to have a couple of small lumps of flour, you just want to make sure that the butter is fully mixed in.
How to Serve Champagne Cupcakes
Like I said earlier, you can serve these Cupcakes anywhere! Since the alcohol cooks off as the cupcakes bake, you could serve these at any event from a sweet sixteen party to a baby shower.
Since the cupcake liners are what people will see, I always like to find cute ones that match the “theme” of the event or the time of year. You can find them at most grocery stores and at any cooking store, as well as online.
How to Store Champagne Cupcakes
Champagne Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days, but I doubt they’ll last that long!
Easy Champagne Cupcakes
- 1 box Cake Mix White or Yellow Cake mix
- 1 cup Champagne
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 3 Eggs
Champagne Buttercream Frosting
- 3-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons room temperature champagne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Add butter and eggs to a medium sized bowl, then whip together using a hand mixer.
- To the butter mixture add 1 cup of champagne and cake mix, stirring until well combined. Pour cupcake batter into each cupcake liner, making sure to only fill halfway. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool fully on a wire rack before frosting. Frost cupcakes, serve, and enjoy!
- With an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter. Mix on low until well blended, and then on medium for another two minutes. Add vanilla and champagne, beating until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Put frosting into a piping bag and swirl on top of cupcakes. Top with sparkling sugar or sprinkles.