This post may contain affiliate links.
Celebrate the day with a special breakfast that friends, family, and overnight guests will love! Whether it’s Christmas morning, Easter brunch, or a family get-together, Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole is always a welcome dish.
Breakfast should be comforting, brunch a little fancy and whatever you serve, it should be easy to make and delicious!
Ham And Cheese Breakfast Casserole fits the bill for all those times and more. It’s the perfect make-ahead recipe that doesn’t require tending or babysitting. All that’s required is simple ingredients, a little time and in a little over an hour, you are ready to enjoy.
What This Recipe Is All About…
- Ham And Cheese Breakfast Casserole is super easy to make with ingredients that are easy to come by.
- It is a comfort food masterpiece.
- This casserole can be served any time of the year and at almost any occasion.
- It’s one of the best dishes to serve when you’re feeding a crowd.
Make This Recipe For…
- Holiday Brunches
- Graduation Parties
- Baby Showers
- Get Well Soon Gift
- Breakfast For Dinner
- Easter Day
- Birthday Parties
Ingredients You Need To Make This Recipe
- Shredded Hash Browns
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
What’s The Best Size Pan To Use?
The best size pan to use for this casserole is a 9×13. I think glass or porcelain works best. You can use metal, but make sure to keep an eye on the cooking time.
Substitutions And Additions For This Recipe
This recipe lends itself to all kinds of ingredient variations and additions. Here’s a few I like:
- Add Monterrey Jack cheese for a mild spicy flavor.
- Toss in some sautéed peppers and onions for added texture.
- Substitute bacon or sausage for the ham.
How Long Does Ham And Cheese Casserole Bake?
Once the casserole is made, bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour. The center should be set and the edges brown.
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
Ham And Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 24 ounce bag shredded hashbrowns (thawed)
- 16 ounces cubed cooked ham
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped chives for garnish if desired
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add potatoes, ham, and cheese to a large bowl. Toss to combine and add the mixture to the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Pour mixture over potatoes, ham, and cheese. Using the back of a spoon, press everything down, so the egg mixture covers all the ingredients.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, checking at the 50-minute mark. The center should be set and the edges golden brown.
- Remove casserole and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle on chopped chives, slice, and serve.