This post may contain affiliate links.
We are heading into summer’s peak growing season, so it’s time to break out some family-favorite recipes! These 5 Recipes To Make In July are all super easy, highlighting fresh seasonal ingredients, and they’re full of those bright summer flavors we all know and love.
What’s In Season During July?
One piece of advice that I live by, is to eat with the seasons! Many people like to chose their meals based on how hot or cold it is outside, but I like to take it a step further. I base the flavors of a menu off of the herbs and plants that are growing that time of year. July has so much to offer, so click here to find the full list of seasonal produce local to your area.
- Garlic and Onions
- Mint, Oregano, Parsley and Chives
- Bell Peppers
One dish on this menu that just screams summer is the Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. This salad includes many seasonal veggies and herbs like bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, mint and parsley. It’s a super versatile make-ahead recipe that you can serve for lunch, bring to potlucks, or enjoy as a quick snack.
All five of these dishes are classic summer recipes. They’re all fancy enough to serve at summer holidays, potlucks and cookouts, but also simple enough to make on a busy weeknight. Whether you’re looking for inspiration or a full menu of summer recipes, you can find it here!
Items To Help You Make These Recipes
- Mixing Bowls – I really like to use mixing bowls that have airtight lids. They serve a dual purpose, with a lot of flexibility when you’re preparing a meal.
- Knife Set – A cook is only as good as their knives… that may not be the exact phrase, but I do think it’s very true.
- Cutting Board – Whether you’re using it to chop veggies or assemble a snack board, a high quality cutting board is a must-have item.
- Crock Pot – This hands-free method of cooking allows you to prepare the rest of the meal or run errands without having to babysit your stove.
- Jelly Roll Pan – This specific kind of baking sheet is designed for making sheet cakes, but you can also use it for roasting veggies and making one-pan meals.
5 Recipes To Make In July
Breakfast | Creamy Easy Deviled Eggs
Creamy Deviled Eggs are a classic, crowd-pleasing appetizer that you can serve in just 20 minutes! This easy-to-make, irresistible finger food is prepared using 5 simple ingredients and is a must-have for any breakfast, brunch or family celebration.
Lunch | Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Light, flavorful, and loaded with crunchy goodness, this delicious protein-packed salad is destined to become your new favorite recipe in no time! Ready to serve in just 15 minutes, Mediterranean Chickpea Salad doubles as a grab-and-go lunch as well as a fantastic picnic recipe and side dish.
Appetizer | All American Snack Board
Whether you’re serving it at a Fourth of July celebration or a cookout, this All American Snack Board will be a hit! It can be served as an appetizer or dessert, and with the perfect combination of sweet and salty snacks, everyone can find something they’ll love.
Dinner | Ultimate Crock Pot Party Meatballs
Tender, meatballs smothered in a sweet and spicy sauce is a crowd-pleasing recipe you can enjoy any time of year! Whether you serve these Crock Pot Party Meatballs as an appetizer or the main dish, this 5 ingredient recipe will become a family favorite!
Dessert | Texas Sheet Cake For A Crowd
The party can’t start until the cake arrives, and this Texas Sheet Cake For A Crowd is a showstopper! With a couple pantry ingredients and some oven magic, you can enjoy this chocolatey cake in under an hour.
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!