This post may contain affiliate links.
Baked Brie has a warm, creamy texture that is nothing less than irresistible and destined to become a family favorite! This delicious appetizer is simple to make and enjoy as a snack, but definitely fancy enough to impress guests.
If I had to pick one perfect appetizer in the world, this might just be it! Baked Brie is one of those dishes that you see in a restaurant and say to yourself “I could never make that,” but it’s actually a lot easier than you’d think!
Five ingredients, four steps, and twenty minutes of preparation are all you need to make the BEST Baked Brie, that’s great to serve at any event!
Whether you’re cooking for the Holidays, a Birthday, a Baby Shower, or a simple Sunday Supper, this recipe is sure to become a go-to recipe. Plus, it’s completely freezer-friendly, so you can prepare it whenever and then whip it out anytime you want to impress company.
Make This Recipe For..
- Casual Entertaining
- Family Get-Togethers
- Graduation Parties
- Holiday Celebrations
- Easter Dinner
- Baby Showers
- Wedding Showers
- Birthday Parties
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Wheel of Brie – with the rind still on
- Puff Pastry
- Candied Pecans
- Mixed Berry Jam
PRO TIP: If you don’t like Mixed Berry Jam, you can substitute apricot, raspberry, or peach preserves.
How to Make Baked Brie
With just 20 minutes of preparation and 5 simple ingredients, you can create a masterpiece! Here’s how…
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out puff pastry into a circle onto baking sheet.
- Cut brie in half and place bottom half on puff pastry. Sandwich the jam and pecans in between the two brie halves, with rind facing outward.
- Fold puff pastry around the brie and brush with an egg wash. Freeze for an hour, then bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Tips For Making This Recipe
- Buy a good quality wheel of brie, I know it can be a little expensive, but it really will make all the difference with this appetizer.
- Be very careful when wrapping the puff pastry around the brie, make sure that there are no open seams, otherwise the brie may start to pour out from the pastry while it’s cooking.
- When you trim away the excess puff pastry, prior to the egg wash, you can use the scraps and a favorite cookie cutter to make pastry decorations.
How To Serve Baked Brie
After the Baked Brie has cooled properly, I like to place it on a large circular serving platter surrounded by sliced warm bread. Sometimes if I’m feeling festive, I will drizzle a little honey over the top, it looks beautiful and gives a nice extra kick of sweetness.
This dish makes for a lovely stand-alone appetizer, but it’s also perfect to serve with a charcuterie board or other cheeses.
Can Baked Brie Be Frozen?
The answer is yes! What you’ll want to do, is prepare the recipe as instructed up until you get to the freezing part. Instead of leaving it on the baking sheet and placing it in the freezer for an hour, cover it or place it in an airtight container, and freeze until the day you’re ready to serve.
When you’re ready to serve it, transfer from the freezer to the fridge for an hour, then remove and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- 1, 12-14 ounce Wheel of Brie rind on
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1/3 cup Candied Pecans
- 1/3 cup Mixed Berry Jam
- 1 Egg Beaten with a teaspoon of water
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out Puff Pastry to an 11×11" round and place on baking sheet.
- Slice wheel of brie lengthwise to create two wheels. Place bottom brie wheel, rind down, on the puff pastry. Spoon jam over the bottom half of the brie wheel and add candied pecans. Place the second half of the brie, rind side up, on top of the jam and pecans.
- Brush egg wash around the puff pastry, then carefully begin to fold pastry around the brie until all sides are covered and brie is sealed. Trim away any excess dough and then brush the outside with remaining egg wash.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for an hour, then preheat your oven to 425 degrees. After an hour in the freezer, transfer baking sheet to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy!