This post may contain affiliate links.
Smoky bacon, crisp lettuce, and sweet ripe tomatoes tossed in a creamy dressing with your favorite pasta is a perfect salad or side dish. BLT Pasta Salad is easy to make for picnics, potlucks, cookouts, or a weeknight night meal. It will be your go-to pasta salad when it’s time to feed a crowd!
One of my all-time favorite sandwiches is a classic BLT. I also adore pasta salad, so, why not combine the two? This genius idea is not mine alone, but I’ve put my own special twist on this delicious pasta salad!
What this Recipe is All About…
- it’s easy to make with ingredients your probably have on hand.
- you can use any type of pasta you like.
- it has a light creamy dressing that coats the pasta with delicious flavor.
- can be customized with more bacon, lettuce or tomato.
- it’s great when you need to stretch your budget if you’re feeding a crown.
- this BLT Pasta Salad will be the first thing to go at any party, covered dish supper or family get-together!
Make This Recipe For…
- Cookouts and Barbeques
- Family Dinners
- Pool Parties
- Birthday Parties
- Casual Entertaining
Ingredients For BLT Pasta Salad
- Cooked, chopped bacon
- Chopped Romain lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make This Recipe
This salad inspired by one of my favorite sandwiches comes together in no time with just a few simple steps.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Drain in and toss it in the milk while it’s still warm.
- Chop the lettuce, cooked bacon and dice the tomatoes. I like to use grape or cherry tomatoes for this recipe.
- Make the dressing. Just toss all the ingredients into a mason jar and shake until combined. Pour it over the cooked pasta, chopped lettuce, tomatoes and bacon.
- Toss everything to combine. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
How Long Does Pasta Salad Keep?
Make sure to store this pasta salad covered in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. I do recommend that if you are going to store it for more than a few house, store the chopped lettuce separately and add it right before serving so that it doesn’t wilt.
Tips For Making BLT Pasta Salad
- make sure to season the pasta water and don’t over it the noodles. You want the pasta al dente and not soggy.
- use a hearty lettuce like Romaine so that it can stand up to the pasta.
- if you’re not a fan of mayo, you can cut back on the amount and increase the sour cream.
- feel free to add fresh herbs to the dressing along with some extra pepper for a flavorful kick.
More Pasta Salads You Will Love!
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
BLT Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces corkskcrew pasta
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 pieces cooked and chopped bacon
- 1-1/2 cup chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chopped Romain lettuce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta in a pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain pasta and place it in a large bowl. Drizzle over 1/2 cup of milk and toss.
- In a small bowl or mason jar with a lid, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, 2 tablespoons milk, garlic, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper. Whisk together, or shake to combine.
- Add chopped tomatoes, bacon, and lettuce to pasta. Drizzle over the dressing. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately.
I love pasta salad and this one looks like a winner!