This post may contain affiliate links.
Cream Cheese Sausage Balls are a crowd-pleasing appetizer for any party! These perfect small bites are outrageously delicious and are a must-make for the holidays.
One simple ingredient makes these the best sausage balls ever! What is it? Cream cheese.
I’m not sure if you can have a Thanksgiving or Christmas party without sausage balls. And when I’m hosting a gathering, I want to make sure I’m serving the best to my guests, and that’s what happens with this recipe.
By adding cream cheese to this classic recipe, I’ve transformed what could be ordinary into something special. These really are THE BEST sausage balls and I guarantee they will disappear in minutes when served!
Make This Recipe For…
- Family Get-Togethers, serve with a meat and cheese board, your favorite drink, and a sweet treat like Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies.
- Graduation or Birthday Parties
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Breakfast Sausage – hot or mild can be used
- Cream Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Bisquick Baking Mix
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Parsley
PRO TIP: use a 1-inch scoop to make the perfect size balls.
How To Make Sausage Balls
You won’t believe how easy this recipe is to make!
- To the bowl of a stand mixer, add all the ingredients, reserving some parsley for a garnish.
- Using two spoons or an ice cream scoop, create 1-inch balls with the mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven. Sprinkle on parsley and serve.
Tips For Making This Recipe
- Shred your own cheese! This is a big winner for making the texture right for the sausage balls.
- Use a paddle attachment on your stand mixer. It saves a lot of “arm work” and gives a proper mix to all of the ingredients.
- Use parchment paper on the baking sheets. The sausage balls will cook without sticking and clean up is so much easier.
How To Serve Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
I love to serve these perfect little bites on a big platter along with toothpicks for easy serving and a couple of yummy dips.
Warm up a bowl of your favorite BBQ sauce. Next, chill some Ranch dressing and place a alongside a platter of Cream Cheese Sausage Balls. It’s party time!
Can The Sausage Balls Be Frozen?
Absolutely! To freeze, make the recipe according to instructions.
Place the sausage balls on a baking sheet and flash freeze. Take the frozen sausage balls off of the tray and place in a freezer safe zip top bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
So serve, thaw the sausage balls in the refrigerator, place on a baking tray and bake as directed. Serve and enjoy!
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
- 16 ounces Ground Pork breakfast sausage
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese Grate cheese by hand, don't use pre-shredded cheese.
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Parsley minced and more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- To the bowl of a standing mixer, add all of the ingredients, reserving some parsley for a garnish.
- Using two spoons or an ice cream scoop, create 1 inch balls with the mixture and place on lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes then remove from oven.
- Serve warm with ranch, BBQ sauce, or both!