This post may contain affiliate links.
Wow your guests at your next party with these impressive Stuffed Mushrooms. This showstopping appetizer is loaded with cheese then topped with a savory topping that’s irresistible. What a perfect way to start any dinner or special celebration!
Everybody knows that a successful party must include great good. And when you’re hosting, you want to make sure your guests are happy, while you join in on the fun.
That’s where this recipe comes in. Stuffed Party Mushrooms are a simple, elegant appetizer and are the ideal finger food. Not only are they loaded with sautéed mushrooms, garlic, and cream cheese, but they are also topped with crispy breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
Not only does this recipe check all the boxes in the flavor category, but it can also be made ahead of time. So, at your next party, show off your cooking skill with these Stuffed Party Mushrooms. Your guests will be glad you did!
Make This Recipe For…
- Cocktail Parties
- Potlucks and Covered Dish Suppers
- Holiday Parties
- Wedding Showers
- Baby Showers
- Cookouts, Barbeques, and Picnics
- Birthday Parties
- Graduation Parties
- New Years Eve Party
Ingredients For Stuffed Party Mushrooms
- Cream Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Hot Sauce
- Fresh Parsley
What Is The Best Type Of Mushroom To Use In This Recipe?
For this recipe, I recommend using white button mushrooms. You can also use baby portabella mushrooms. You want to choose mushrooms that are approximately the same size so they will cook evenly after being stuffed.
How To Make Stuffed Mushrooms
This recipe might look complicated, but actually, it’s far from it. There are just a few simple steps:
- Clean and prep the mushrooms.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, then sauté the minced mushroom stems, onion and garlic. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sautéed mushroom mixture and seasoning in a bowl. Stuff each mushroom with the filling.
- Top each stuffed mushroom with a mixture of Parmesan and breadcrumbs, then bake in the oven.
- When the mushrooms are done, place them on a pretty serving platter, sprinkle on fresh parsley and serve!
Can This Recipe Be Make Ahead Of Time?
Yes! That’s one of the little secrets of this recipe. To make Stuffed Party Mushrooms ahead of time, make the recipe, line the mushrooms on a baking tray, cover with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
To serve, take the tray out of the oven, heat the oven, and bake.
Ideas For Serving
These stuffed mushrooms are so good, you might start thinking of ways to serve them! Here are some of my favorites:
- As a small bite before a dinner party. They are great to serve with candied nuts and chilled Rose.
- They are a must to serve at any holiday party. This recipe is easy to double, so make sure you’ve got enough to serve.
- Ring in the new year with a casual party with lots of yummy food. Serve these mushrooms with a charcuterie board, store bought chocolates and of course, champagne.
- Show your valentine a little extra love with a beautiful steak or seafood dinner. These mushrooms make a great side dish for an elegant stay at home dinner date.
- 1/4 cup Onion – finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan – grated
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 dash Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley – chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese – for topping
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Breadcrumbs
- 20-22 Mushrooms – button white mushrooms or baby bellas will work
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Clean all the mushrooms, then very carefully remove stems. Place the mushroom caps in a bowl and set aside. Transfer the mushroom stems to a cutting board and chop very finely.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, over a medium heat, then add finely chopped mushroom stems and onions to the skillet. Sautee until all moisture has evaporated, then add garlic and continue cooking until fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once mushroom mixture has cooled, transfer it to a medium sized bowl. Add cream cheese, parmesan, Italian seasoning, hot sauce, and 1 tablespoon of parsley to the bowl, mix until well combined. Carefully spoon mixture into mushroom caps, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of parmesan and 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs, then sprinkle over stuffed mushrooms. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove stuffed mushrooms from oven, and sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.