This post may contain affiliate links.
Rocky Road Clusters are a delicious, chocolatey sweet treat that’s easy to make in just 20 minutes! This classic flavor combination of walnuts, marshmallows, and chocolate is taken to a whole new level when you add butterscotch. With the perfect balance of sweet and salty, this rocky road recipe makes a great gift to friends and the ideal treat to movie or game nights.
There’s nothing better than a good ‘No-Bake’ dessert! Whether you’re cooking with your kids, scrambling to get ready for a potluck, or you’re just in the mood for something sweet, these quick and easy rocky roads are the answer!
Now, you can make this recipe into peanut clusters if you’d like, but personally, I think the taste of the walnuts is really what puts these Rocky Roads over the top. The flavor of the melted butterscotch complements the walnuts beautifully, not to mention that crunchy texture just melts in your mouth with the chocolate.
When my sons were younger, I would make these treats for all kinds of occasions throughout the year. They make terrific gifts for teacher appreciation day, the end of a school year, or a get-well present, but they’re also perfect to make with your family for block parties or movie nights.
Make This Recipe For…
- Birthday Parties
- Valentine’s Day
- Game Days and Tailgating
- Game or Movie Nights
- Block Parties
- Potlucks and Covered Dish Suppers
Ingredients Needed To Make Rocky Road Clusters
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chopped Walnuts
PRO TIP: I recommend buying whole walnuts and chopping them yourself. I really do think it makes the Rocky Road Clusters genuinely taste better!
How To Make These Delicious Rocky Road Clusters
Just a couple of simple steps, and you can enjoy these No-Bake Rocky Road Clusters in no time!
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, place semisweet chocolate, butterscotch chips, and butter and gently stir. Melt the mixture in 20-second increments, stirring every 15 seconds until fully melted and smooth when stirred
- Add Mini Marshmallows and Walnuts into the chocolatey mixture and stir to coat. Using a tablespoon, drop an inch-sized spoonful onto a wax or parchment paper-lined baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool and set, then serve and enjoy!
How To Serve This Recipe
There are a million different ways you can serve these cookies, and a million different occasions to make them for. If I’m making these rocky road clusters for a smaller gathering like casually entertaining friends, a dinner party, or a backyard cookout, I like to simply pile them high on a plate and let everyone dig in!
When I make this recipe for larger crowds of people, I prefer to plate them on a long rectangular tray so that everyone can see how delicious they look!
How To Store These Rocky Road Clusters
You can store these delicious bites of goodness in an airtight container for up to 1 week. They can be stored either on the counter or in the fridge, depending on personal preference.
More Desserts You’ll Love…
- Monster Cookies Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies – 2 Ways
- Easy Champagne Cupcakes
- Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies
Rate this recipe below and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
No-Bake Rocky Road Clusters
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1.5 cups Chopped Walnuts
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, place semisweet chocolate, butterscotch chips, and butter and gently stir. Melt mixture in 20-second increments, stirring every 15 seconds until fully melted and smooth when stirred.
- Add Mini Marshmallows and Walnuts into chocolatey mixture and stir to coat. Using a tablespoon, drop an inch-sized spoonful onto wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool and set for about 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy!