This post may contain affiliate links.
Why use store-bought ranch when you can make your own at home! This easy-to-make Homemade Ranch Dip is light, creamy, and has all the flavors of the classic ranch we all know and love. Whether you’re serving it with a veggie platter or a pile of chips, this tasty dish is sure to have your friends and family begging for the recipe!
What I love most about this recipe, is that you can really make it anytime you want since it uses such common ingredients! If you’re sitting at home reading this, I’d say you probably have all the ingredients already in your pantry and fridge.
All you need to enjoy this delicious creamy Homemade Ranch Dip is a mixing bowl, a whisk, 8 simple ingredients, and 10 minutes of your time! You can enjoy this recipe any time of year and serve it on any occasion, from holidays to family dinners.
Make This Recipe For…
This dip is the definition of versatile! Homemade Ranch Dip can be served every day!
- For a Superbowl party, tailgate, or game day.
- It’s a MUST-make recipe for any holiday.
- At any kind of party, from birthdays to baby showers, from New Years parties to graduations.
- As a snack for little-league games, soccer games, baseball games.
- For dinner parties, potlucks, cook-outs, and block parties.
- This dip is ideal to make and serve for last minute entertaining since it’s quick and easy.
Ingredients Needed For Homemade Ranch Dip
- Sour Cream
- Dried Dill
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Chives
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
PRO TIP: I like to make my Homemade Ranch Dip in the food processor. You can absolutely whisk it together in a mixing bowl, but I’ve found that the food processor makes it extra light and creamy.
How to Make This Recipe
With just 8 pantry ingredients and 10 minutes of your time, you can impress your friends and family with this easy-to-make Homemade Ranch Dip!
- Add sour cream to a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the sour cream and whisk until well combined.
- Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
How to Store Homemade Ranch Dip
This recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s also easy to store as well! If you have leftovers, which I doubt you will, spoon it into an airtight container and keep in fridge for up to one week.
What To Serve With This Recipe
One of my favorite things about Homemade Ranch Dip is that it’s incredibly versatile. You can serve it with a veggie platter of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, broccoli, celery, and tomatoes.
You could also go another direction and serve it with a variety of chips. Homemade Ranch goes very well with flavor potato chips, pita chips, and kale chips.
More Recipes Like This
Homemade Ranch Dip
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt – adjust based on personal preference
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper – adjust based on personal preference
- To a medium size bowl, add sour cream. Stir with a fork until smooth textured.
- Add dried dill, dried parsley, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to sour cream. Whisk until fully combined.
- Transfer Dip mixture to a serving bowl and let chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Remove from fridge and serve with chips, grape tomatoes, carrot sticks, celery, peppers, or kale chips.